Conferences/Workshops/Seminar/Meets/ Tutorials Organized
- In association with INDEST-AICTE CONSORTIUM as Workshop Director, organised National Workshop on E-Resources Managemnt for Excellence during 16th to 18th July 2007 . 79 participants from the entire country participated.
- In association with IATLIS as Workshop Director, organised National Workshop on LIS Teachers and the Digital Future during 17th t0 19th January 2007 . 46 participants from 17 states attended the program.
- In association with IASLIC as Organising Secretary, organised 25th All India National Conference of IASLIC during 26th to 29th December 2005 which was attended over 400 delegates. Special Panel discussion on Digital Preservation was also organised on 28th December. Prof. V.G.Talwar of University of Mysore was the Moderator
- In association with Edutech India organised one day Seminar on Web Resources Management on 13th August 2003. over 170 participants participated
- In association with Society of Information Science New Delhi as Organising Secretary, organized SIS 2004 - National Convention and two Pre-Conference tutorials on ISO 9001:2000 application in Libraries and Information Centres and Management and Development of Digital Resources during 21st - 23rd January 2004. for more details browse the site SIS 2004
- In association with DELNET, New Delhi,as Organising Secretary, organized National Convention on Library and Information Networking During 22-25 December 2000. Large Number of professionals from the entire country including from Nepal, Bangladesh, Philippines also participated. as Organising Secretary
- In association with IGCAR and MALA as Organising Secretary, organized READIT National Conference on Digital Asset Management and a Pre-Conference Tutorial on Digitize Your Library during September 17-19 September 2001 at IIT Madras. Large number of professionals from the country and also neighboring country like Bangaladesh participated.as Organising Secretary
- One Day Workshop on Digital Library: Design and Development in association with MULISANET, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Madras, December 1, 2001 as Workshop Director.
- Tutorials on Library Resources on Internet, CD-ROM Networking, MARC Format, Web publishing during 22-23 December, 2000 as Organizing Secretary.
- Tutorial on Digitize Your Library on September 17, 2001 as Organizing Secretary.
- Technology Appreciation Program on Industrial Information Services in Association with IC&SR on 22nd February 2002 as Coordinator.
- 22nd Aerospace information panel meet of AR&DB organized during 25th June to 26th 2002, as Organizing Coordinator.
- Three days National Training Programme on Emerging Technologies for Effective Management of Library Services organized by the Central Library, IIT Madras and DELNET, New Delhi on 19th September, 2002 as Coordinator.
- International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services ETTLIS 2008 organised by Jaypee Institute of Information Technology University, NOIDA, Delhi College of Engineering and SALIS NCR Chapter during December 18-20, 2008
- Participated as Expert in the Two Day Workshop on Curriculum Reforms in LIS Education held during 31-03-2008 to 01-04-2008 and organised by IGNOU, New Delhi
- Participated as Resource Person in UNESCO, IFLA, NILIS, ALP International Workshop on Information Skills for learning from 3-7 October 2005 held at Punjabi University Patiala, Punjab. I also presented on Information Literacy Initiatives: A Snapshot of the Practices Adopted for Quality Teaching Learning at the Central Library of IIT Madras
- Online Information and Education Conference 2004 from Open access to open learning 15-18 Sept 2004 at Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok , Thailand and also attended the following workshops
a. Workshop on Electronic Journal Collection for the ages conducted by Victoria Reich, Stanford University.
b. Effective and Meaningful Statistics by Sue Henczel and Cathie Jilovsky, CAVAL, Australia
c. The Library as Publisher : New Models for Scholarly Publications by David Ruddy Cornell University Library
d. WIPS, Patent Search System by Sook Han of WIPS, Seoul, Korea.
- 25th IATUL( International Association of Technological University Libraries) Annual Conference on Library Management in Changing Environment held at Cracow University of Technology, Cracow, Poland during 30th May-3rd June 2004
- The Role of Science in the Information Society ( RSIS 2003 ) , CERN, Geneva & World Summit on Information Society ( WSIS ). 8-11th December 2003.
- UNESCO regional consultation meeting on preservation of digital heritage organized at National Library of Australia during 4th to 6th November 2002
- INDO- JAPAN workshops on Information Technology organized by: Super Computer Education and Research Center, IISc. Banglore on 23-08-1996
- International Conference on Ranganathan's Philosophy Assessment, Impact and Relevance, organized by Indian Library Association. New Delhi during Oct.1985
- International Library Technology Fair, Hatfield Polytechnic England on 11-09-1991 to 12-09-1991
INDO–BRITISH Meet on Library Networking Organized by NISSAT and British Council, New Delhi on 14-01-1991
- Observer in Consultation meeting of Experts of UNESCO member committee of south and south East Asian regions for networking of specialized information system in cultural heritage held in New Delhi on 22-10-1992 to 25-10-1992
- Ninth Congress of south East Asian librarians held in Bangkok, Thailand on 02-05-1993 to 07-05-1993
- IEEE User Interface Meet at National Science Seminar Complex, IISc. Bangalore on 13-09-200
- National Seminar on Knowledge Conservation and Preservation (NASKCON 2010) organised by DLIS, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh during March 13-14, 2010
- Two Day Workshop on Quality Indicators and Best Practices for the Academic Libraries jointly organised by Karnatak Law Society's Gogte College of Commerce, Belgaum and NAAC, Bangalore during 25th-26th August 2006
- Hindi Workshop on Official Language Act, Rules and Usage of Hindi in Official Communication, conducted by IIT Madra on 29-03-2006
- 100th Technology Appreciation Programme on Knowledge Management Organised by IC&SR of IIT Madras on February 19th, 2005
- From e-Journals to e-Books Seminar on Changing Face of Libraries and Access to e-Content by organised Informatics on January 21st 2005
- National Symposium on "Capacity Building in Technical Libraries in the Present Digital Era", 5-6 November, 2004, organised by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai.
- Second ASSIST Annual Seminar on Resource Sharing and Networking of Engineering College Libraries. Organised by Asian Society for Social Services Information Science and Technology, Bangalore and Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, December 29-31, 2002
- Half day workshop on " Creating an Effective Computer Environment " Organised by Dr. M.S. Ananth, Director IIT Madras on April 30th, 2002
- National Conference on Information Management in e-Libraries (ImeL). Organised by the Central Library of IIT Kharagpur during 26- 27 February, 2002
- DocuWorld India 2002 Explore / Discover / Connect 24-25 January 2002 Organised by Xerox The Document Company at The Regent, Mumbai. Inaugaral Address by Alvin Toffler Futurology-Guru.
- 3rd Annual National Convention on Business Librarianship & Information Services from Independence to Interdependence, March 12-14, 2001 organized by Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.
National Convention on Library and Information Networking held at IIT Madras during December 24 –25 , 2000
- Conference on Advances in Information Access and Science Communication held at M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, on 16-17 September 2000
- Seminar on Patents information organized by Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) Bangalore and IC&SR of IIT Madras on 21-07-2000
- Interactive Session on Indian patent law: Approaches. Organized by Confederation of Indian Industries (Southern Region) and Ministry of Industries, Government .of India held at Hotel Park Sheraton, Chennai on 04-08-1999
- Workshop on networking of libraries. Organized by the Vice–Chairperson, Science City at Chennai on 28-07-1999
- 3-Days Workshop on team building and leadership organized by IIT Madras on 23- 07-1999 to 25-07-1999
- 44th All India Library Conference held at Hyderabad on 25-02-1999 to 28- 02-1999
- Aerospace Information Panel meeting, IIT Madras on 28-08-1998 to 29- 08-998
- Workshop on Strategic plans for IIT Madras held at IIT Madras on 25-07-1998
- Workshop on developing a mission statement for IIT Madras on 04-04-1998
- Aerospace Information Panel meeting held at Banglore and also presented the project proposal on Creation of full text CD-ROM database of Ph.D. theses in the area of aerospace engineering on 26-03-1998
- Workshop on curriculum development in the area of library and information science organized by Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism, Bhopal on 28-.02-1998 to 01-.03-1998
- Aerospace Information Panel meeting held at IIT, Kharagpur on 08-09-1997 to 12- 09 -1997
- NBA training workshop on accreditation along with Deputy Registrar, Academic, Stores, Finance, Administration and also gave a brief presentation about library facilities to the participants held at IIT Madras on 22-.09-1997
- Seminar on recent trends in information technology organized by IGCAR, Kalpakkam on 23–04 -1997
- Workshop on patents awareness organised by Meenakshi College & TIFAC on 04-01-1997
- Aerospace Information Panel Meeting held at ADA Banglore on 17-07-1996. to 18-07-1996
- Workshop on strategic issues in IITM-Interface and also associated with human resources group on 10-08-1996
- Workshop on ISO-9000 organized by IIT Madras on 21-09-1997
- Workshop on electronic information access by Ms. Miriam Rider, Information Specialist, USIS, Washington, D.C., organized by American Center Library and Madras Library Association on 23-09-1996
- Seminar on library networking and resource sharing, organized by American Center at Madras on 17-03-1997
- WorldNet dialogue on the role of the library and information professionals in the 21st Century organized by American Center on 13-03-1997
- National Seminar on library automation and networking organized by S.V. University, Tirupathi on 22-04-1996 to 24-04-1996
- Seminar on resource sharing for IIT's Librarians organized by IIT Bombay on 19-02-1995 to 20-02-1995
Fifth GILA Conference organized by Gurukul Kangari University, Hardware on 05-1985 to 26-05-1985
Seminar on silver jubilee celebration of Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, 1986
- All India library convention and seminar on the role of administrative libraries in the national development. GILA, New Delhi on 07-10-1983 to 09-10-1983
- Annual national convention and seminar on computerization of libraries, AGLIS held at Delhi on 20-12-19 90.
Directed/Chaired the following Technical Sessions/l Lectures / Presentations / Talks on various professional issues given by distinguished Librarians, Information Scientists, Teachers of Library and Information Science
- Directed SALIS 2008 National Conference on R-Building the Libraries: Learning from the Past to Plan for the Future organised by Mahatma Gandhi Central Library of Kumaragu College of Technology, Coimbatore and SALIC Chennai during 07-08-2008 to 07-08-2008
- Directed SALIS 2007 National Conference on Future Technologies for Empowering LIS Professionals: Challanges and Opportunities organised by University Library, Anna University and SALIS Chennai during 09-08-2007 to 11-08-2008
- Chaired Technical Session of UNESCO supported Sensitisation Workshop on Information Literacy organised by Delhi College of Engineering and SALIS Delhi NCR Chapter on 23-12-2006
- Directed SALIS 2006 National Conference on Initiatives in Library and Information Centers in the Digital Era organised by the Central LIbrary, Karunya Deemed University, Coimbatore and Society for the Advancement of Library and Information Science(SALIS) during 8th-10th June, 2006
- Chaired Technical Session on Library Consortia / IPRs / Information Exchange of SIS 2004 on 23rd January 2004
- Chaired Technical Session of Second ASSIST Annual Seminar on Resource Sharing and Networking of Engineering College Libraries. Organised by Asian Society for Social Services Information Science and Technology, Bangalore and Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, on December 30, 2002
- Information Handling in Digital Era by Dr. D. Chandran, Associate Professor, Department of Library ad Information Science, S.V.University, Tirupati on 05-04-2002
- Session 7-1 Distributed / Networked Information Systems-2 of National Conference on Information Management in e-Libraries (ImeL). Organised by IIT Kharagpur on 27-02-2002
- Member–Panel Discussion on The Shape of Libraries in the New Millennium of National Conference on Information Management in e-Libraries (ImeL). Organised by IIT Kharagpur. Moderator-Prof. P. N. Kaula. Other Panel Members- Prof. A. Neelameghan, Prof. I.K Ravichandra Rao, Prof K.R Srivathsan, Prof. P.V. Raj Kumar on 27th February, 2002
- Technical Sessions on Information Technology Application in Libraries and Information Centers at V Conference of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Librarians Association held at Pondecherry Engineering College, 15-17 June 2001
- Technical Session on Quality and Marketing Paradigms of 3rd Annual National Convention on Business Librarianship & Information Services from Independence to Interdependence, March 12-14, 2001 Lucknow, IIM on 13-03-2001.
- Data Mining by Mr. M. Natarajan, Scientist In-Charge, INSDOC, Chennai on 30-10-2001
- Role of Librarians in Electronic Era by Dr. Bhooshan Lal, Librarian, IITKanpur on 26-09-2001
- Subject Searching in Web OPACs in UK Academic Libraries. Dr.B.Ramesh Babu, Reader and Commonwealth Fellow, Department of Library and Information Science. University of Madras on 07-03-2001Session –IV on E-Collections of National Conference on Digital Asset Management, September 18-19-09-2001 held at IIT Madras
- Interpersonal Relations. Prof. G.Guruswami Naidu, Retired Professor, S.V.University, Tirupati on 18-01-2001
- Session-II: Patenting Process. Seminar on Patent Information organized by Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) Bangalore and IC&SR of IIT Madras on 21-07-2000
- Time Management. Dr.S. Ravi, Coordinator, Library and Information Science, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University on 29-10-1999
- Public Relations in S&T Libraries. Dr. Nagarajan, Reader, Department of Library and Information Science, Annamalai University on 07-12-1999
- Knowledge Based Systems: Design & Development. Prof. M.A.Gopinath, Visiting Professor North Carolina University, U.S.A on 20-08-1999
- Technical Session No. 5 on Internet, Intranet, and CD-ROM resources of 44th All India Library Conference held at Hyderabad on 27-102-1999
- Impact of OCLC on Librarianship by Dr G. Chandra Prabha, Senior Research Scientist, OCLC, INC, Dublin, OHIO, USA on 21-12-1998
- From Print to Electronic: What it Means to developing nations? By Prof. Subbaiah Arunachalam, Distinguished Fellow of M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai on 17-08-1998
- Role of Information Technology in Science & Technology Libraries. Mr. K Nityanandham, Librarian, Pondicherry Engineering College, on 18- 05-1998
- Information Support Services: A British Council Library Experience by Mr. K. Murgesan, Librarian (Customer Services) British Council Division at Chennai on 31-03-1998
- Total Pre- Planning for information management delivered by Dr. Abbas Ibrahim, Secretary General, DSI on 17- 02-1 998
- Expert system for librarians. Dr. Mrs. Manorma Srinath, Professor and Head In charge Department of Library and Information Science, University of Madras on 11-11-1997
- Preservation technology for information materials. Dr.B. Ramesh Babu, Reader, Department of Library & Information Science. University of Madras on 05-12-1997
- Informatics. Dr.Raju M.Mathew Department of Library Science, Calicut University on 24-05-1995