- Implementation of RFID, Smart Cards, Auto Check in, Auto Check out Systems, Electronic Book Drop, Auto Self Arrangement, VTLS International Library Management Software, Contactless Smart Card enabled Access Control System. Digital Knowledge Center, Media Resource Center.
- ISO-9001 Certification: Prepared library systems & procedures manual, successfully faced various internal & external quality auditing teams, final certification and surveillance teams. Delivered invited lectures, published paper on ISOľ9001 application in libraries, constituted quality classification group, quality stacks improvement group to ensure team sprit and quality services.
- New Library Building: Deeply involved in the planning, designing, construction, interior / exterior decoration, furnishing, shifting, new millennium library building. Achieved the goal for setting up the complete library systems and services with world-class facilities without any break in services for the users. Building was formally inaugurated by Prof. R.Natarajan, Director on 07-07-2000 . The Second Phase of New Library Building was inaugurated by Prof. M.S.Ananth, the former Director
- Website Creation: Created a website for the Central Library which is highly used by the faculty, students, staff, industries and scholars of the region and the country. It has drastically reduced paper work, manpower, and repetitive jobs, provided web access to library resources.
- Digital Initiatives: Initiated the digitization of membership records with photographs of 5000 members and bar-coded the entire books, back vols over 3 Lakhs which revitalized the library transactions, saving considerable manpower and operating cost and also improved productivity and efficiency, set up CD-Publishing facility, electronic resource center, CD-ROM networking facilities, electronic messaging, OPAC, access to databases i.e. Science Direct, EI Index.
- Introduction to New Services: INTERNET access, document scanning, patent information, journals contents page, conference alert, laser printing, soft binding, CD-ROM literature search, technical consultancy. OPAC.
- Resource Generation: Generated resources through overdue collection, photocopying charges, document delivery services, extending membership to self financial colleges, projects writing, consultancy, revision of charges, advanced deposit accounting system for document delivery, vendors registration.
- Infrastructure Planning & Management: Installed 56 CD-ROM networking system, automatic bindery, upgraded hardware, DTP facilities, media resources, furniture, renovation of racks.
- Training and Development: Organized number of trainings for users and staff for creating awareness for better utilization of facilities and services, creation of bibliographical records in AACR -II for non book materials, CD-ROM networking, bar-coding, UNIX, Windows 95, information resources and services.
- Publications Activities: Brought out publications on (1) Library & Information Services (2) Printing, Reprography & Publication Services (3) CD-ROM Information Services (4) Book Bank Facilities (5) Library Rules, Regulations and Information (6) Catalogue of Video Cassettes available in the Central Library (7) Catalogue of Periodicals Holdings .
- NACLIN 2000: Organized National Convention on Library and Information Networking &Tutorials on MARC Format, Library Resources on INTERNET, CD-ROM Networking, and Web Publishing in association with DELNET, during 22-25 December. 2000 at IIT Madras. Large number of professionals from the country and also neighboring countries i.e. Bangladesh, Nepal and Philippines attended
- INDEST AICTE National Workshop and 8th Annual Meet during 18th to 20th February 2011: Nearly 200 participants attended from entire country.
- READIT2001: Organised National Conference ( Recent Advances in Information Technology) on Digital Asset Management and Tutorial on Digitize Your Library in association with IGCAR and MALA during 17-19 September, 2001. at IIT Madras. Large number of professionals from the country and also neighboring country Bangladesh attended.
- SIS 2004: Organised 22nd Annual Convention and Conference on Digital Information Exchange: Pathways to Build Global Information Society and two Pre-Conference tutorials, during 21st-23rd January 2004.
- XXV All India Conference of IASLIC organised on LIS Profession in India Vision for 2010 during 16th-29th December 2006
- Established Children Library Corner with Link to Library Website.
- Establishment of Media Resource Center with 200 Seating Capacity, Digital Knowledge Center, Research Carrels, Students Discussion Hall, Refernece Hall.